It’s finally here. We’ve waited all winter, and most of the spring, but baseball has finally returned to MCU Park. The Cyclones will take on the Staten Island Yankees tonight at 7:00 PM, with gates opening at 5:30 PM. Here’s everything you need to know about Opening Day.
- To Purchase Tickets: CLICK HERE
- Gates Open: 5:30 PM (Please Note: The back gate will not be open to the general public this season).
- First Pitch: 7:00 PM
- Giveaway Item: Summer Tour T-Shirt presented by MCU for first 2,000 fans
- Pre-Game Activities: Cyclones players will be lined up at the front gates of the ballpark starting at 5:30 PM and will be signing autographs and posing for pictures until 5:50 PM. It’s your first chance to step right up and greet the (future) Mets.
- National Anthem: P.S. 321 – Courtney Gilbert
- Player Introductions: 6:45 PM
- Pitching Matchup: Brooklyn – LHP Jake Simon vs. Staten Island – RHP Jorge Guzman
- Listen Live: CLICK HERE or Download the MCU Park or Tune In Radio App and take the game wherever you go.
Be sure to check out the new taco concession – Oppo Taco – location near section 9. They will be offering street tacos featuring chicken, pork and carne asada options served on corn tortillas as well as Super Nachos and vegetarian bean & cheese burritos.
Be sure to visit the all-new Gourmet Grill Cart, located near section 8, that will be serving:
- Cyclones Burger - 8 oz fresh ground Brooklyn Burger Co. beef, turkey or garden burger served on a brioche roll with LTOP & cyclones sauce.
- Western Burger – Melted American cheese, onion straws and BBQ sauce.
- Mushroom Burger – Melted Swiss, porcini and shitake mushrooms and caramelized onions.
- Bleu Ribbon Burger - blue cheese, crispy onion straws.
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
MCU Park will also be offering a new Grub Tub option filled with fries, chicken finders and a souvenir cup wherever chicken tenders are available.
There will also be some new vegetarian and healthy options located throughout the ballpark. On the menu is:
- Shaker salads – Garden greens with tomato, cucumber, shredded carrots and cheddar cheese.
- Soba Noodle Salad – Buckwheat noodles with fresh red and green peppers, daikon radish in a light sesame teriyaki sauce.
- Vegan Robs snacks
- Grilled Chicken Wrap