Since their inaugural season in 2001, the Brooklyn Cyclones have been one of the most popular teams in all of Minor League Baseball. The franchise has led the New York-Penn League in attendance in each of their first 11 years of existence, and welcomed as many as 10,073 fans through the gate for a single game at MCU Park.
But the popularity of the Cyclones has also expanded into the world of social media, with the Brooklyn Cyclones ranking among the most popular minor league teams in all of Minor League Baseball on Facebook and Twitter. Just recently, the Cyclones welcomed their 21,000th fan on their Facebook page, a milestone that only two other teams in all of minor league baseball have achieved.
To commemorate this event, the Cyclones will hold their Second Annual Social Media Madness day at MCU Park on Friday, August 3rd. Here’s what’s in store:
- Win-stagram – If the Cyclones win, fans can head to the field post-game for the chance take pictures with their favorite Cyclones players.
- Tweet Suite – Tweet us your seat location when gates open, and we will randomly select 20 fans that will be moved from their seats to a luxury suite to enjoy the game.
- Not So Angry Birds – Fans who take their picture with Sandy or Pee Wee and send the photo to Cyclones@CrowdCameo.com will be eligible for a special prize pack from the Cyclones – including all six-Jersday Thursday giveaways from the 2012 season.
- Tweet Your Seats – Every inning we will give away prizes to a fan who tweets @BKCyclones with their seat location. Prizes will range from autographs, to concert tickets, to the chance to run in the Nathan’s Famous Hot Dog race during the game.
- Check In and Win – The first 20 fans to check in at the game using four square will receive a $5 gift coin.
- Song Pop – Cyclones batters will let you name that tune. Send us your song suggestions for at-bat music and if a player selects your song, you will win an autographed baseball from that player. Send your song suggestions to Prizes@BrooklynCyclones.com
- Join the Conversation– tweet using #BKCyclones during the game and we may show your message on the scoreboard.
- Exchange Words with the GM– Cyclones General Manager is the self-proclaimed Wizard of Words with Friends. He claims to have a better winning percentage than the Harlem Globetrotters and will take on all-comers in Words with Friends. Think you have what it takes to beat the chump – er, I mean champ? Meet up with Steve Cohen at the main gate at 6:00 to issue your challenge.