08/01/2010 6:00 AM
Are you the most popular person in Brooklyn? Prove it! You might get your very own baseball card and bobblehead if you're right!
The Brooklyn Cyclones have launched a unique social-networking campaign that invites fans to lobby for the title of "Brooklyn's Best Friend" and win once-in-a-lifetime prizes, as well.
Fans can use Facebook, Twitter, texts, emails, phone calls, or any other method they'd like to spread the word, and ask their friends to buy Cyclones tickets that will be coded to their name. The person whose name is used the most -- hence referring the most tickets sold -- will be dubbed "Brooklyn's Best Friend," and will win the following prizes:
In addition, if "Brooklyn's Best Friend" is responsible for 500 or more tickets sold, they will be included in the official 2011 Brooklyn Cyclones Baseball Card Team Set! If they are responsible for 1,000 or more tickets sold, they will receive six dozen of their very own bobblehead, with their likeness wearing a Cyclones jersey!
- A $500 donation to their favorite charity
- $100 in Cyclones Cash
- Lunch with five Cyclones players
- 50 Field Box Seats to share with friends for a September game, during which "Brooklyn's Best Friend" will be honored throughout the night
The second-place finisher will receive a $100 donation to their favorite charity and $100 in Cyclones Cash. The third-place finisher will receive a $50 donation to their favorite charity and $50 in Cyclones Cash. A minimum of 100 tickets must be referred to receive any of the above prizes.
Here's how the referral process works:
- Tell your friends to call718-37-BKLYN during regular business hours beginning Monday, July 26th at 10am and ask for the Ticket Office
- Your friends should tell the Cyclones representative that they are buying tickets as part of the Brooklyn's Best Friend" contest, and will purchase a $16 Field Box Seat or $13 Box Seat for any of the following four games:
- August 24 at 7pm vs. Hudson Valley
- August 25 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen
- August 26 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen
- August 27 at 7pm vs. Aberdeen
- Your friends must tell us who referred them (please ask them to use your full name, including middle name, to avoid any confusion regarding similar names)
- Your friends will complete the sale by paying with a credit card, and be added to your list of referrals.
The competition ends at 4pm on August 26th. Numbers will be tallied and results will be announced the following day.