07/17/2015 7:44 AM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
IMPRACTICAL JOKERS TAKE OVER MCU PARK JULY 19th
To Purchase Tickets -- CLICK HERE
Fun. Laughs. Smiles. Those are three words that are normally associated with a trip to the ballpark to see the Brooklyn Cyclones. But there will be an all-new type of entertainment at MCU Park on Sunday, July 19th when the stars of truTV’s hit show, Impractical Jokers take over the “Ballpark on the Boardwalk” as the Cyclones take on the Vermont Lake Monsters at 5:00 PM.
To kick off the evening’s festivities, the first 2,500 fans in attendance will be given a bobblehead of Sal, Joe, Q or Murr, the four longtime friends (aka ‘The Tenderloins’) who star in the hit hidden camera show Impractical Jokers, courtesy of truTV. There will be 625 bobbleheads of each cast member available, and they will be randomly distributed as fans enter the gates.
Of course, the guests of honor, Sal, Joe, Q and Murr will be in attendance for the evening’s shenanigans. But that’s not all. The in-game entertainment will highlight some of the most memorable moments during the show’s four-year run including some of the hilarious challenges and “punishments” that have become synonymous with Impractical Jokers. Here’s a look at what else is in store:
- Where’s Larry? - A running joke throughout the history of the show is that the Jokers are always looking for “Larry” the imaginary member of the crew. Well, on Sunday July 19th – after searching high and low for years – they will finally be able to find him! There will be special “Larry-only” seating with special ticket offer.
- Sal’s Double Dutch Dance Derby – There have been countless episodes where the jokers have had to make a fool of themselves by busting a move. Nobody has shined more in these situations than Sal. To celebrate (or is it more of a punishment?) the worst dancers in Brooklyn, we will have an on-field dance off where fans will get to dance their inhibitions away, learning Sal’s trademark move “The Double Dutch” is highly encouraged.
- Let’s Get Inked – One of the more memorable “punishments” during the show involved Sal, Q, and Murr getting tattoos that were picked out by their buddy Joe. Fans will have the chance to get temporary tattoos courtesy of the Impractical Jokers. We promise that the image of a sky diving ferret will eventually disappear from your skin…Murr’s not so lucky.
- Joe the Nose Ninja – Another classic segment from the show involves Joe trying to put his nose on strangers without their knowing. Sounds easy? Au contraire! To show just how difficult this is we’ll give fans the chance to “nose their neighbor” on the “Nose Ninja Fan Cam.”
- #AskAJoker – Want to ask Q about his love of felines? Or ask Murr how it feels to walk around with a skydiving ferret tattooed on his leg? No questions is off limits, and if the Jokers respond to your inquiry, you will be invited to a special meet and greet with the stars of the show prior to that evening’s game.
- A Joker’s Best Friend – It won’t be all fun and games that night. The guys have a soft spot in their hearts for furry friends of all kinds (no that’s not a joke about Q’s beard). Fans are encouraged to bring dog or cat food to the ballpark that will be donated to the Best Friends Animal Society.
- Worth a Thousand Words - The photobooth feature on the truTV Impractical Jokers app, which fans use to insert their favorite Impractical Joker into their own shareable photos, will be updated to include brand new pictures of Sal, Q, Joe and Murr all decked out in their finest Brooklyn Cyclones gear! The app is currently available for both Android and iOS.
That’s just a taste of the fun that will be part of our Impractical Jokers Night presented by truTV.
Impractical Jokers has averaged 1.9 million viewers per episode in 2015, ranking as one of basic cable's Top 3 programs in its timeslot with adults 18-49. The show also has over 2 million fans on Facebook and 200,000 followers on Twitter. All new episodes of Impractical Jokers will kick off on Thursday, July 16th at 10/9c on truTV, so there will be plenty of new material to add to the evening’s festivities.
Single game tickets for this game, and all 38 Cyclones home games, are on sale now. Seats, which start at just $10, are available by calling 718-507-TIXX, logging on to BrooklynCyclones.com or in person at the MCU Park or Citi Field Box Office.