07/04/2014 2:48 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
Standing Room Tickets Will Go On Sale - Saturday, July 5th at 5:00 PM at the MCU Park Box Office
Our “Salute to Seinfeld Night” will be here before you know it. We will celebrate “25 Years of Nothing” on July 5th with one of the most highly anticipated giveaways in ballpark history. We have heard from fans coming to the game from 14 different states and three different countries. It’s sure to be a night that you won’t want to miss.
Here is a quick rundown of everything you need to know about the July 5th game:
TICKETS -- There is VERY limited ticket availability for our Salute to Seinfeld Night. We have approximately 40 tickets remaining for the “Free Soup For You Package” with Larry Thomas – “The Soup Nazi.” The rest of the ballpark is completely sold out. There will be a limited number of standing room only tickets that will go on sale the day of the game starting at 5:00 PM.
THE GIVEAWAY -- The first 3,000 fans in attendance will receive a Keith Hernandez “Magic Loogie” bobblehead. We typically distribute 2,500 bobbleheads, but due to the massive demand we were able to up the order so that an additional 500 fans would be able to receive the item. We anticipate that fans will begin lining up EXTREMELY early and recommend that you plan accordingly. Gates are scheduled to open at 4:15 PM for season ticket holders and 4:30 PM for the General Public. If the crowds are as large as we anticipate, we may be forced to open the gates early to ensure a safe environment for all of our fans.
PRE-GAME -- We have Seinfeld-themed entertainment scheduled for before first pitch (well, before first pitch if you count the Puffy Shirts the Cyclones will wear during batting practice). We will hold a cereal eating competition (who can finish an entire bowl, milk and cereal, in the quickest time.) We will also hold an Elaine Dancing competition to find out who is Brooklyn’s worst dancer with the winner going home with “A Big Salad” as his / her prize. If you are interested in participating in either of these contests, and you already have tickets, please contact us at Info@BrooklynCyclones.com. In addition, we are looking for several people to join us for special first pitch opportunities. Here’s what we need:
- Someone named Jerry, George, Elaine and someone with the last name Kramer to throw out a ceremonial first pitch.
- Someone who is an importer/ exporter.
- Someone who is an architect.
- Someone who is a postal service employee who is willing to show up in uniform.
If you have tickets, and fit one of the above categories, pleas e-mail Info@BrooklynCyclones.com
IN-GAME -- Some of our in-between inning contests will have a noticeably different feel as we pay homage to some of the best moments from Seinfeld. Here’s just a few of the ideas we are tossing around for in-between inning contests, with the best of the best to make their debut on July 5th.
- The Junior Mint Toss
- Eating a candy bar with a fork and knife
- A Candy Bar lineup aka Name the Twix
- Is it a Pick or a Scratch? We’ll show various people with their fingers in the neighborhood of their nose. Contestants will have to tell us whether it’s a pick or a scratch.
- Fishing for Marble Rye
- Piggy Back Races Around the Bases in honor of Kramer and the Pig Man.
- The Shrinkage Race – kids will have to race with oversized clothes on, and then tag their parent who will complete the race wearing itty bitty children’s clothing.
- Fattest Wallet in the Ballpark (Bonus points if you have any hard candy in there)
POST-GAME -- We will have the finals of the Elaine Dancing Competition immediatly following the game. We will also have a special "Launch a Ball" contest with a Seinfeld twist. There will be various prizes including one for closest to the blowhole. There will be post-game fireworks followed by EVERYONE runs the bases, but anyone named Jerry gets a head start. If you are named Jerry, visit the Ticket Express Kiosk on the concourse, show ID and you will be given your special access.
ALL-GAME-LONG -- Fans will be encouraged to visit our ballpark face painters and get decked out in Cyclones themed face art because “You’ve Gotta Support the Team.” We have also partnered with a company called Exhilent who will be providing the software necessary for us to have over 300 Seinfeld related trivia questions available to those in park, and those who wish they could be in park, through a program called Screen Duet. Be sure to visit cyclones.screenduet.com for your chance to play along.
APPEARANCES -- We will have several characters from the show in the park that evening, so be sure to bring your camera:
- Larry Thomas – The actor who played “The Soup Nazi” on the show will have a special meet and greet with fans as part of our “Free Soup For You Package” presented by the Original Soup Man before the game starts. Once that’s over he will head to the concourse for photos and autographs with Cyclones fans.
- The Real-Life Kramer – Kenny Kramer, who is the basis for the Michael Richards character, will be on hand promoting his “Kramer’s Reality Tour” and will have additional Seinfeld related items for sale.
- Rosalind Allen – Rosalind, who played the role of George’s love interest on the classic episode “The Marine Biologist,” will be on hand to throw out a ceremonial first pitch. She’s been practicing.
As you can see, this night is filled with fun from start to finish. If you don’t have your tickets yet, you better get them soon. Yadda Yadda Yadda…it’s going to be a great night.