08/16/2019 7:18 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
BURLINGTON, VT (August 16, 2019) – Fueled by three big innings and two three-run home runs, the Vermont Lake Monsters swept the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, completing the series with a 13-6 victory Friday night at Centennial Field.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highilights, click here.
W: Noa (1-5)
L: Cleveland (3-3)
• Yerdel Vargas’ three-run home run in the eighth capped a monster night for Vermont, bringing the lead to 13-1.
• Ahead 3-1 in the sixth, Josh Watson’s three-run homer extended the Vermont lead to 6-1.
• Brooklyn rallied for five runs in the ninth inning, cutting the deficit to seven runs. Raul Beracierta and Gavin Garay each drove in runs with RBI singles.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
• Yoel Romero: 2-5, RBI, R
• Joe Genord: 1-3, RBI, R, BB
• Ranfy Adon: 1-2, 2 BB
NEWS & NOTES
• The Cyclones allowed a season-high 13 runs, surpassing their previous high of 11 on June 23 against Staten Island.
• Ranfy Adon, who had walked twice in 101 plate appearances this season, earned two free passes to set a season-high in walks.
• The Cyclones bullpen has allowed 23 earned runs in 22.1 innings over the past four games, yielding six home runs.
• Yoel Romero finished the series with four hits in nine at-bats in the final two games, while Gavin Garay went 5-11 over the three-game set to continue his six-game hitting streak.
Cyclones vs. Tri-City ValleyCats – 6 p.m.
MCU Park – Coney Island, NY
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (3-2, 3.46) vs. RHP Seth Shuman (0-3, 3.70)