08/15/2019 8:04 PM
Article By: BrooklynCyclones.com Reports
BURLINGTON, VT (August 15, 2019) – Logan Davidson, the first-round pick of the Oakland Athletics, demolished a go-ahead two-run home run in the eighth to send the Lake Monsters to a 6-4 comeback victory over the Brooklyn Cyclones, the Short Season Class A affiliate of the New York Mets, Thursday night to win the series at Centennial Field.
For the full box score, click here.
For the full highlights, click here.
W: Morban (1-1)
L: Leon (1-2)
Cyclones HR: Peroza (3), Genord (8)
- Logan Davidson mashed a two-run home run over the right field fence in the bottom of the eighth against Nelson Leon, giving the Lake Monsters a 6-4 lead.
- Behind a three-run rally in the sixth against Dan Goggin, the Lake Monsters tied the game 4-4. Dustin Harris’ sacrifice fly completed the rally.
- The Cyclones jumped out to a 4-1 lead over the first three innings behind Luke Ritter’s RBI double, Jose Peroza’s solo slam, and Joe Genord’s solo home run against Vermont starter Tyler Baum.
KEY CYCLONES CONTRIBUTORS
- Jose Peroza: 1-4, HR, 2 RBI, R
- Joe Genord: 1-4, HR, RBI, R
- Gavin Garay: 2-4
- Yoel Romero: 2-4, R
NEWS & NOTES
- The Cyclones have dropped three straight contests, and the first two games of this series.
- After going 14-7 on the road during June and July, the Cyclones are 1-6 on the road in August.
- Gavin Garay is 7-11 against the Lake Monsters this season, collecting two doubles and a home run.
Cyclones at Vermont Lake Monsters – Friday, 7:05 p.m.
Centennial Field – Burlington, VT
Probables: RHP Matt Cleveland (3-2, 3.46) vs. RHP Seth Shuman (0-3, 3.70)